I have listed a few Japan-related links of interest below.
Yoko's Homepage - Home Page (Japanese)
- a school friend of mine who lives close to where I do in Michigan. This is her online journal of life in Michigan.
Sports Hotel Terry - Home Page
- the place to stay when going to Nagano for a ski vacation. Only a 5 minute walk from the slopes, decent prices, onsen, great atmosphere and staff.
Drew Kelly - drewkelly.net (Temporarily Offline)
- a friend of mine who went with me to Japan in 2001 is now over there teaching English on the JET Programme. This is his personal site where he keeps a very well updated chronicle of his life and the happenings around him in Miyama-cho Japan.
Dave Aldwinckle - debito.org
- a guy who has lived in Japan since going for a business trip
in 1986, now has a wife and two daughters in Hokkaido. Tackles
issues of Japanese society, provides lots of essays on his
views; an interesting take on Japan if nothing more.
Daniel Laursen - daninjapan.com
- Dan went to Japan in the summer of 1999 on a program with
Michigan State University. It was a different program than
the one I participated in--shorter, without the work
experience. He provides notes on his experience in Japan,
and his thoughts on the trip as well as Japan.
Young Dudes [YD] Guide to Japan - Home Page
- A guide, directed towards guys, of the 'finer' things in
Japan--drinking, women, clubs, food etc. Has some great personal
experience stories and writings, including a very active message
Price Check TOKYO - pricechecktokyo.com
- how much is an apple right now? How about a 10 minute calling
card? Well, find info on the latest prices of the most expensive
country to live in here.
Engrish! - Engrish.com
- cataloging hundreds of amusing Japanese-English products
slogans, names and signs from all over Japan.
Japan Today - japantoday.com
- news site for Japan and international news (in English),
useful for seeing what's up in Japan.
Schauwecker - japan-guide.com
- has a wealth of information on Japan including many links,
articles and a pen-pal database.
NBTHK - samuraisword.com
- a great site for finding information on Japanese swords.
Hosted by The Society for the Preservation of Japanese Swords.
Richard Stein, Ph.D. - The
Japanese Sword Index
- the site for finding out information on Japanese swords.
Has everything you could possibly think of, including articles
The Japan FAQ - The Japan FAQ
- full of information
on going to and living in Japan, as well as personal essays
on different topics and answers to many popular questions
on Japan. I read through this entire site more than once,
very interesting for those planning on visiting Japan.